Before you start make sure you have an official unlocked iPhone 3G/3GS (not jailbroken), with the latest firmware on the Mobile Vikings network. You can verify this on your iPhone by going to Settings/General/About and confirm the Version field to be 3.1.3 (7E18) or higher.
If your iPhone meets those specifications, please follow these steps:
- Download the latest IPCC by right clicking and selecting "Save Link As"/"Download Linked File As" on this link: MobileVikings_be.ipcc
- When using iTunes on Mac OS X, start the Terminal application from Applications/Utilities/Terminal. In the Terminal type and press enter: defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE
- When using iTunes on Windows, start a Console by going to Start/Run, typing cmd and pressing Enter. In the Console type and press enter: "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
- Start/Restart iTunes
- Connect the iPhone to the computer by using the USB cable
- In the left column, select the iPhone
- When using Mac OS X, click on the "Restore" button while holding the alt/option button
- When using Windows, click on the "Restore" button while holding the shift button
- A file dialog will appear. Select the MobileVikings_be.ipcc file you downloaded in step 1.
- iTunes will now start updating iPhone carrier settings and sync them with your iPhone.